Within this 26th ranking of the largest privately held firms in the U.S which ranked 223 private companies that qualified as the largest in America, Cargill Inc., a privately held, multinational corporation based in Minneapolis, Minnesota in the U.S with the estimation of $109.84 billion in revenue and 130,500 employees picked on top of the list.
At the second place of the list was Koch Industries, Inc., an American private energy conglomerate based in Wichita, Kansas with the estimation revenue of $100 billion and 70,000 employees. Following by Bechtel Corporation, the largest engineering company in the United States with the headquarter in the Financial District of San Francisco at the third place with $30.80 billion of revenue and 49,000 employees.
There are two of the Big Four Accounting Firms within the top ten biggest companies. PricewaterhouseCoopers ranked at #7 with $26.57 billion in revenue and 161,718 employees, and Ernst & Young at #9 with $21.26 billion in revenue and 141,000 employees.
Here is the list of the top ten biggest companies :
- Cargill (ranked #1 in 2009)
- Koch Industries (ranked #2 in 2009)
- Bechtel (ranked #5 in 2009)
- HCA (ranked #7 in 2009)
- Mars (ranked #6 in 2009)
- Chrysler (ranked #3 in 2009)
- PricewaterhouseCoopers (ranked #8 in 2009)
- Publix Super Markets (ranked #9 in 2009)
- Ernst & Young (ranked #10 in 2009)
- C&S Wholesale Grocers (ranked #12 in 2009)